Now that the weather is getting warmer, we know that many of you are thinking about and getting ready to host parties, so we’ve brought in one of our very favorite party planners, Mindy Cone of GetCreativeJuice.com, to help jump start the creative process.
In honor of Mother’s Day and all of you moms out there, we’ve had her help us plan a party for the ladies but, of course, her tips below could easily be adapted for boys.
Girly Styling Tips
It’s the little things at an event that really make it special – but it doesn’t have to be complicated!
These 10 simple ideas can transform your party into an adorable and girly event!
- Use bright colors! It doesn’t have to be pink and purple to be girly! Teal, yellow, red, orange, – or even black and white can be striking!
- Use fun patterns – flower prints are girly alright but they are not the only way to go! Use polka dots, damask, stripes, chevron, and anything fun!
- Individual servings – This adds a personalized touch to every party and makes the guest feel special and important – that’s what every girl wants!
- Miniaturize it – let’s face it. Miniature food is adorable and girly!
- Serve it on a stick – This is a dainty and exciting way to eat! Plus that gives you an opportunity to add more decorative elements to the dish!
- Add decorative crafty touches – ribbon, washi tape, fabric strips, or twine to add detail and decorative touches to make them feel fancy!
- Use adorable party products and containers– striped straws, favor bags, cupcake liners, wax party cups, paper ice cream cups, bamboo utensils, patterned paper fry boxes, patterned baking trays, cute cups and plates! There are so many amazing party resources out there!
- Cut food in a unique way – use cookie cutters to cut fruit and sandwiches, use a melon baller, or make triangular cuts. All of these things make something ordinary into something unique!
- Flavor profiles – I have found that girls and women enjoy flavor profiles on either end of the spectrum – bright, fruity, light and fresh or decadent and rich!
- Use fresh flowers and fresh fruit to decorate and garnish your recipes!
MINDY CONE is an entertaining, food, dessert and party stylist on the popular blog GetCreativeJuice.com. She writes about everything you need to know to entertain your guests and kids with style and creativity. Her love for macarons inspired her first book: Gourmet French Macarons where she gives the classic French macaron a modern and whimsical makeover. In her second book: Party Food For Girls she shares tips, tricks, and recipes to inspire your creative and feminine side when entertaining. She hosts a monthly segment on Good Day Sacramento and her work has been featured by Better Homes and Gardens and Prime Living Magazine among others.