We’ve mentioned it before but now it’s official – Laptop Lunches Bento-ware is now Bentology!
With the new brand comes a new blog which you can find here: http://bentology.net/blogs/blog (scroll to the bottom of the page to sign up for weekly email updates).
You can also find us posting to your favorite social media pages as @BentologyLiving and share with us by tagging #Bentology!
Heading on vacation for a little R&R can be super stressful – packing, traveling, getting settled once you’re there…. It’s something we look forward to and enjoy but the pre-travel workload and planning can be a bit daunting. To help put some fun into the more difficult aspects of travel, we recently asked our Facebook community to share their top travel tips and got an amazing response!
Here are our top 10 favorite tips that we know we’ll be putting to use:
- Bring lots of music and lots of patience… and baby wipes… whether you have kids or not! !!! – Marla Blair
- Roll your clothes instead of folding them. They get less wrinkly that way. – Catherine MacPhee
- Pack /wear older clothes you don’t care about, u can toss / donate them and make room for new stuff without needing more luggage to come home. –Michael Graces
- When traveling by car or plane, I always pack a bunch of new activities, colouring, books or a new movie, stuff they’ve never seen. The kids know I have a goodie bag and when I feel they are getting bored, out comes something new to do! Has always worked for us! – Julia Jacobsen Savoy
- If you are traveling with older kids, take this time to talk to them, impart wisdom let them ramble. Ban the electronic devices. They are in an enclosed space with you, take advantage of it! – Jeneane O’Toole Stepan
- Download audio books to listen to. – Crystal Bomnskie
- Pack lunches and snacks to stop along the way at rest stops and eat. It’s much better on your wallet. Also nice to get out of the car and stretch. Plan stops at rest stops or parks – plenty of room to stretch legs and get ready to get back in the car. –Lacey Taylor
- Find a local farmers market to load up on fresh fruit and other snacks. Also visit local grocery stores for pre- made foods. –Monica Macias Torrez
- Take a breath, find a way to enjoy the unexpected, unplanned moments that may seem inconvenient, but will undoubtedly become part of the incredible memories of your whole family for years to come. – Sarah Jean Burtchell
- Stop and enjoy the road trip! So many people want to get to the destination that they miss neat side adventures along the way. Plan for some time to stop and see the sites when you are driving and everyone will be happier with the breaks and fun activities! – Lauren Stutzman
For more great ideas, check out the full post and all comments here.
While we love trying new things to keep lunchtime interesting, sometimes it’s best to stick with the basics which is exactly what we’ve done with this traditional lunch of sandwich and sides. We did avoid highly processed, pre-packaged foods and were sure to balance out our splurges with fresh veggies and protein.
Click here for full menu and nutritional information.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged bento lunches, Bentology, easy lunches, fun lunches, healthy lunches, laptop lunches, lunch ideas, lunches, lunches for kids, lunches for school, lunches for work, school lunches
We’ve been doing a little Spring Break dreaming lately which inevitably turns into Spring Break reality – packing up our stuff, getting ready to go, leaving and then coming back and getting re-organized and back on schedule!
Travel is exciting but without the proper planning and execution, it can also be pretty rough. To help make sure everyone’s Spring Break dreams stay sweet, we’re looking for ideas and want to hear from you –
“How do you ensure safe, fun and stress free travel?”
Post your best tip to our Facebook page by 12pm Saturday, 3/7/15 and we’ll enter you to win a new Classic 6-pc Bento Lunch Box in Beach!
Terms and Conditions:
- No purchase necessary to win.
- Free shipping on gift only within the contiguous U.S.
- Winner must be 18 years or older.
- Only one entry per person
- Winner will be chosen by random.
- Winner must claim prize within 72 hours of notification.
- Void where prohibited.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged bento boxes, Bentology, bentos, free, giveaway, healthy travel, laptop lunches, lunch boxes, lunchboxes, lunches, spring break, travel, win
The perfect lunch for that moment when you’re rushing out the door and realize that you forget to pack lunch the night before – just grab, do a little mix and run!
Get the full menu and nutritional info here.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged bento lunches, Bentology, bentos, easy lunches, easy meals, healthy lunches, laptop lunches, lunch ideas, lunches, lunches for school, quick and easy meals, quick meals, work lunches